Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. So glad you came over for a bit! I'm totally new at this so let's hope I do okay. Right now, I'm into the whole idea of backyard homesteading. I'd love to live on an actual farm but there's the small detail of: I'm allergic to basically EVERYTHING...most animals, hay, straw, raw fruits and veggies (weird I know right!?! it's called "oral allergy syndrome" and is becoming more common), nuts, and pretty much anything the lives on a farm. Guess that dream's not happening anytime soon. Ha!
For now, the kids and I are learning to garden with containers. I think it's probably not a good sign that my six year old's spinach plants are doing WAY better than mine. But I keep plugging along pretending to know what I'm doing.
We are growing spinach, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and my lil guy is growing sunflowers (he isn't quite adept at caring for a less hardy plant yet, and frankly, neither am I. So we let him grow the super easy sunflowers, which of course, look tons better than any of my little sproutlings). 
So welcome again to my small "well-watered garden" in the "Sun-scorched land" of Arizona.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment